-Abstract or Introduction page
-Summary or Conclusion page
–Four Pages Minimum, not included abstract or introduction, Summary or Conclusion, and Bibliographic pages.
–Completely unacceptable Copy and Paste from Internet, or other resources.
–Bibliographic have to be in APA Format and with 3 or less years old
Isaac has worked as a staff nurse on the telemetry floor for over 15 years. He holds seniority in the unit. His patient care is satisfactory; however, his interpersonal behaviors are becoming an increasing issue for his coworkers. He throws papers around the unit, gives short answers to questions, and seems generally miserable. He tells the staff that they are lazy and stupid. He is constantly questioning their decisions. You have come from another local hospital in the role of the assistant nurse manager. Based on your observations, you have met with Isaac informally and discussed his behaviors, but they have not changed. Now three new nurses have already come to you saying that this unit is a great match for them, except for one problem. Although they have not identified Isaac by name, they have told you that one of the nurses is extremely abusive verbally, and they have been calling in sick on the days they are scheduled to work with this person.
1. What are your responsibilities as an assistant nurse manager in regard to Isaac’s behavior problem?
2. What is the next step in dealing with Isaac’s behaviors?
3. How will you, as the manager, have Isaac develop more effective people skills?
This is your first position as a nurse manager. The holidays are rapidly approaching, and the hospital policy states that each unit will negotiate holiday coverage individually. You are already getting requests via e-mail and on Post-it notes for holiday time. Several staff members have come to you stating that they “never” seem to get their requests for holidays. Discussion among the staff members is creating dissension and conflict.
1. Discuss the potential impact of this problem on you and the unit staff.
2. Describe a minimum of one positive consequence and one negative consequence of this conflict.
3. Select a model of conflict resolution and explain how you, as a nurse manager, might resolve this conflict.