This is an individual assessment that must include the following:
1. Find a current business problem, preferably in your discipline area, that requires research to understand
and solve. You may use business articles such as the Financial Times, Financial Review, Business Review Weekly,
Harvard Business Review etc. to identify an issue.
2. Analyze the problem and develop propositions/hypotheses that need to be examined to address the
3. Evaluate a range of research methods and choose the approach that is best suited to the situation and
justify why you have chosen this.
4. Develop a research action plan that details and explains the steps to be taken at each stage of the research
5. Your report should demonstrate the importance of rigorous research and its application to industry. Length
should be approximately 2000 words.