Instructions You are the Director of Coordinated School Health for a large school district. Michelle is a teacher who is anxious to develop a healthy lifestyle by starting an activity program. She has completed her health assessment and has received clearance from her physician to begin an activity program. She has come to you to get recommendations on how to proceed. Results from her fitness assessment and physical are below. You will develop an Individual Activity Plan that includes a Summary of her Health History and Identification of health risks based on outcomes of each of the assessments. You will calculate, present and explain BMI, Waist-to-Hip ratio, Heart Rate Training Zone and Ideal Body Weight –be sure to show the calculation for each. You will then develop an activity plan (using the FITT principle) that encourages both Cardiorespiratory and Muscular Strength/Endurance. Finally, you will identify possible barriers and supports for the activity plan and identify strategies that will help lead to success.
By the due date assigned, submit a document describing your approved aggregate in detail.
In Phase 2 of the project, research and describe the demographics and statistics of your aggregate. Include information about the basic vital statistics of the aggregate such as the crude birth rate, infant mortality rate, life expectancy, the leading causes of death, and any other relevant statistical information related to the health of the aggregate. In addition, explain how the local clinic meets, supports, and advocates for evidence-based practice (EBP). As a part of this assignment, you will need to create a questionnaire and interview at least one person who is familiar with your selected aggregate.
One of the most effective ways to obtain this information is to interview people who are familiar with and have worked with the selected aggregate, such as biostatisticians or other social and healthcare providers of the aggregate.
A well-planned questionnaire with carefully developed questions can help you elicit adequate and relevant information from the interviewees.
Your response should be in the form of a 2- to 3-page Microsoft Word document. Use relevant charts and graphs to support the information you collected. Identify the sources of your information and describe how you went about collecting the information.
Phase 2: Describing the Aggregate
- Name your Microsoft Word document SU_NSG4075_W2_Project_LastName_FirstInitial_Phase2.doc.
- Submit your document to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.
- Cite all sources in APA format.
What does it take to be an effective health advocate? As a nurse, you have many opportunities to advocate for patients and populations, whether formally or informally. Being an advocate involves more than knowing how to lobby or to whom to write letters. It requires passion and compassion, commitment and courage.
In this Discussion, you will consider the attributes of an effective advocate for population health and/or the nursing profession. You will analyze those attributes that help nurses be a powerful force in improving the quality of health care and in this case especially, the needs of returning veterans and their families.
- Review the article “On Being a Good Nurse: Reflections on the Past and Preparing for the Future” and “War, its aftermath, and U.S. health policy: Toward a comprehensive health program for America’s military personnel, veterans, and their families” found in this week’s Learning Resources.
- Consider the multiple health care needs of returning veterans and their families.
Post two types of health needs returning veterans and their families might need. How might you advocate for the needs of this population. What type of advocacy skills would you need and how could you develop them. What responsibility does a nurse have to be an advocate? Give specific examples.
As the country focuses on the restructuring of the U.S. health care delivery system, nurses will continue to play an important role. It is expected that more and more nursing jobs will become available out in the community, and fewer will be available in acute care hospitals.
Write an informal presentation (500-700 words) to educate nurses about how the practice of nursing is expected to grow and change. Include the concepts of continuity or continuum of care, accountable care organizations (ACO), medical homes, and nurse-managed health clinics.
Share your presentation with nurse colleagues on your unit or department and ask them to offer their impressions of the anticipated changes to health care delivery and the new role of nurses in hospital settings, communities, clinics, and medical homes.
In 800-1,000 words summarize the feedback shared by three nurse colleagues and discuss whether their impressions are consistent with what you have researched about health reform.
A minimum of three scholarly references are required for this assignment.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
In a reflection of 450-600 words, explain how you see yourself fitting into the following IOM Future of Nursing recommendations:
Recommendation 4: Increase the proportion of nurses with a baccalaureate degree to 80% by 2020.
Recommendation 5: Double the number of nurses with a doctorate by 2020.
Recommendation 6: Ensure that nurses engage in lifelong learning.
Identify your options in the job market based on your educational level.
How will increasing your level of education affect how you compete in the current job market?
How will increasing your level of education affect your role in the future of nursing?
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines
Review Chapter 7 of the Sadeghi, Barzi, Mikhail, and Shabot course text. Consider how addressing this quality improvement issue would align with the organization’s mission, vision, values, and strategic goals and objectives. How does it relate to regulatory issues, and other matters that are significant for the organization? If you notice a misalignment, use this as an opportunity to refine your focus.
With this in mind, continue to hone your development of this Assignment, integrating the concepts addressed here into Section 3.
Write a 3- to 5-page paper that includes:
An introduction to your quality improvement plan (Improving C.diff on Hematology/Oncology Unit), including the overarching aim of this initiative and an explanation of how it aligns with the mission, vision, values, and strategic goals and objectives of the organization, as well as regulatory issues and other matters that are significant for the organization
An overview of the current situation with regard to this quality improvement issue in the organization
A description of measures and indicators
A presentation on data related to this issue, including:
Actual historical and current data and/or a description of the methods that you would use to collect and analyze the data
Methods for collecting and analyzing data in the future, including when you would do this
A description of realistic, evidence-based targets
Be sure to cite evidence from the literature to justify your selection of the measures and indicators, as well as the performance targets. This section of the Course Project serves as the Portfolio Assignment for this course.
Due by Day 7 of Week 8.
Cohesion, Inclusion, and Identity Diversity may be exhibited in many forms: ethnic, cultural, style of learning, or methods of organizing. In your course text, Levi addresses the role of individualism and collectivism.
In your discussion: •Address where you fall on the continuum of individualism and collectivism. ((( MY SCORE WAS DIRECTLY IN THE MIDDLE))))
Why is this an important concept in terms of teamwork?
•Describe your experience working with an individual (or team) in which the person’s preference would fall on the opposite end of the continuum from you. For example, you might be more inclined toward individualism, and the other person might more inclined toward collectivism. How did you work effectively with this person? If you did not, what were the challenges? Write a succinct initial post of at least 150 words. Demonstrate clarity of thought and precision in writing. Support your discussion with at least two references other than the required readings.
Although health care professionals play a significant role in health outcomes, the day-to-day management of a patient’s health is also a personal responsibility. Physicians and nurses can provide diagnoses, interventions, treatments, and prescriptions, but they will only have an impact if patients follow through with their health care provider’s recommendations.
The advent of diverse health-related technologies is providing unprecedented opportunities to assist patients in maintaining control of their health. Consider for a moment health and fitness mobile apps, talking pill bottles, and smart apartments.
New patient-centered technologies are being developed every day!
For this Assignment, you will select a health-related mobile app, personal health record, smart technology, or an interactive social media site that is helping patients to better manage their health.
Must Read All!!! (Important)
Note: For the purposes of this assignment, a “mobile app” is defined as a technology application that can be viewed, played, and stored on smartphone devices and tablets.
· Review Chapter 35, “Consumer/Patient Engagement and eHealth Resources,” in the course text, Essentials of Nursing Informatics, and consider how technological innovations are transforming the ways patients’ access health-related information.
· Reflect on the various patient-centered technologies that you or others may use, as well as those gaining attention in the media.
· Conduct research on patient-centered technologies that assist users in managing their own health.
· Select one technology category such as apps, personal health records, smart technologies, or interactive social media sites to further explore. Examine the parameters of a specific patient-centered technology within this category. How does this technology put patients in control of their health?
Submit a 4- to 5-page paper that addresses the following:
Select one technology category such as apps, personal health records, smart technologies, or interactive social media sites to further explore.
· Identify the patient-centered technology that you selected, as well as the population of patients for whom this technology is designed.
· Describe how this technology is tailored toward patient use. Specifically, explain how the features, functions, and design can help patients manage their own health.
· Explain the risks and benefits this technology might bring to users.
· Predict the impact this technology might have on patient health outcomes. Be sure to support your work with specific citations from the Learning Resources and any additional sources.
***APA Style, 4 to 5 pages of information, not including reference as part of this 4 to 5 pages. Add introduction, summary and conclusion. Due date: 4/22/18 at 8am Eastern Time***
Note: If you choose to select an interactive social media site, text- or article-based websites such as WebMD or Health.gov may not be selected. For the purposes of this course, interactive social media is defined as a digital technology that allows users to manipulate, interact with, and/or engage with other users. Ensure that if you choose an interactive social media site, it adheres to this rule.
Reminder: The School of Nursing requires that all papers submitted include a title page, introduction, summary, and references.
Must complete all the parts at master degree quality, 100% of work guaranteed no dispute and refund of money.
Select a pediatric patient who you examined during the last 4 weeks. With this patient in mind, address the following in a SOAP Note:
- Subjective: What details did the patient or parent provide regarding the personal and medical history? Include any discrepancies between the details provided by the child and details provided by the parent, as well as possible reasons for these discrepancies.
- Objective: What observations did you make during the physical assessment? Include pertinent positive and negative physical exam findings. Describe whether the patient presented with any growth and development or psychosocial issues.
- Assessment: What were your differential diagnoses? Provide a minimum of three possible diagnoses. List them from highest priority to lowest priority. What was your primary diagnosis and why?
- Plan: What was your plan for diagnostics and primary diagnosis? What was your plan for treatment and management? Include pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatments, alternative therapies, and follow-up parameters, as well as a rationale for this treatment and management plan.
- Reflection notes: What was your “aha” moment? What would you do differently in a similar patient evaluation?
The practice of health care providers at all levels brings you into contact with people from a variety of faiths. This calls for knowledge and acceptance of a diversity of faith expressions.
The purpose of this paper is to complete a comparative ethical analysis of George’s situation and decision from the perspective of two worldviews or religions: Christianity and a second religion of your choosing. For the second faith, choose a faith that is unfamiliar to you. Examples of faiths to choose from include Sikh, Baha’i, Buddhism, Shintoism, etc.
In your comparative analysis, address all of the worldview questions in detail for Christianity and your selected faith. Refer to Chapter 2 of Called to Care for the list of questions. Once you have outlined the worldview of each religion, begin your ethical analysis from each perspective.
In a minimum of 1,500-2,000 words, provide an ethical analysis based upon the different belief systems, reinforcing major themes with insights gained from your research, and answering the following questions based on the research:
- How would each religion interpret the nature of George’s malady and suffering? Is there a “why” to his disease and suffering? (i.e., is there a reason for why George is ill, beyond the reality of physical malady?)
- In George’s analysis of his own life, how would each religion think about the value of his life as a person, and value of his life with ALS?
- What sorts of values and considerations would each religion focus on in deliberating about whether or not George should opt for euthanasia?
- Given the above, what options would be morally justified under each religion for George and why?
- Finally, present and defend your own view.
Support your position by referencing at least three academic resources (preferably from the GCU Library) in addition to the course readings, lectures, the Bible, and the textbooks for each religion. Each religion must have a primary source included. A total of six references are required according to the specifications listed above. Incorporate the research into your writing in an appropriate, scholarly manner.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Affordable Paper provides reference papers and assignment help through the services and students are suggested to use them as guide papers only in order to avoid any sort of law violation of the university or education sector.
What we do
For any questions, feedback, or comments, we have an ethical customer support team that is always waiting on the line for your inquiries.
Send us an E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us:+1(508) 504-5634