By conducting research in Wisconsin laws (https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/) You can use this site as well and make sure to cite it. Locate the law that applies to the landlord-tenant relationship. Answer the following questions, and remember to cite the law:
- Explain if a landlord has the right to put a lien on the tenant’s personal property and under what circumstances, if any, in your state.
- Name two ways in which a landlord can give service of notice in your state.
- Name two things that can be withheld from a security deposit in your state.
- Does your state have a time limit in which a security deposit or notice stating why a security deposit is being kept be given to the tenant? If so, what is it?
- Name one provision that your state considers a void provision in a residential rental agreement or lease.