Conflict Criminology and Sociology
The concept of critical criminology has been prevalent among criminologists for decades. A derivative of Marxist Theory, the primary focus of conflict criminology is the disparities linked to economic, social, and political affiliation. Chapter 8 in your primary textbook and the MSU professor Michalsen video discuss social conflict and critical criminology (Siegel, 2015, & Michalsen, 2011).
In your paper
- Explain how conflict theory is related to both criminology and sociology using appropriate terminology.
- Discuss how politics play a role in conflict theory using appropriate terminology.
- Discuss how politics influence crime rates of the lower class using appropriate terminology.
- Evaluate various sociological schools of crime causation using appropriate terminology.
Your paper must
- Be three to five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the
- Include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Use at least five scholarly sources in addition to the course text and the article being evaluated.
- Document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.