- Select a research topic from the list included or consult your instructor about a different topic.
- Conduct research on your topic using at least two sources.
- Write a Research Paper with a body length of 2-3 pages using APA style.
- Double-space your Research Paper.
- Include a Title Page, an Abstract with Key Words, a Body, and References.
- In the body of your Research Paper begin with an Introductory Paragraph and end with a Concluding Paragraph.
- Submit a Draft Paper to receive a SafeAssign report about potential problems with plagiarism.
- Consider using the Writing Lab to provide assistance with editing your paper.
You are free to choose your own topic. Here is the procedure:
- Decide on an area of microeconomics that you are interested in researching such as: health care economics, environmental economics, behavioral economics, public policy, agricultural economics, market structure issues, or issues in income inequality.
- Develop a narrowly defined research question that focuses on the economics of the issue such as: Obamacare (opportunity cost of repealing, positive externalities, negative externalities, how it changes market structures, compared to a single payer system, what will happen if the Supreme Court rules against subsidies in states without exchanges.
- Send a Message to your instructor to discuss your research topic, especially if you decide on a topic that is not on the list below.
- Here are some suggested topics:
- College tuition is increasing. Provide a cost/benefit analysis describing your own decision to pursue higher education. What is the opportunity cost of continuing your education?
- Using the tools of economics analyze the effectiveness of a specific gun control proposal. What social costs will this legislation attempt to mitigate? Do you think this goal will be achieved by the specific gun control proposal.
- Is progressive taxation “fair”? What arguments are made that it is fair or unfair?
- Which of the proposals advanced to “fix” Social Security have the most merit? Which would cause the most problems?
- “Is Wal-Mart good for America”? You may have heard or even watched movies about such a topic. What are the pitfalls and disadvantages you see associated with Wal-Mart to your local area, and to you as a consumer.
- Provide an analysis of the changes in the market for marijuana where it has become legal. What social costs are affected by legalization?
- What can the individual do about global warming? What are the economic problems of individual action by a business, individual, or nation?
- Should We Sweat About Sweatshops? After exploring the two sides of the argument (research the pros and cons of sweatshops), draw your own conclusion by taking sides on the issue of Sweatshops.
- Should Social Security be changed to include Personal Retirement Accounts? What are the costs and benefits to you as a far future retiree?
- Evaluate on line dating sites such as EHarmony and Match.com at improving the efficiency of meeting a significant other.
APA style should be used to cite all of your sources of information.
Here are some basics of APA style:
- The main components of an APA paper are: Title page, Abstract with key words, Body of your paper, and References.
- References only include sources that you cite in your paper. (Do not include sources that you do not cite.)
- In-text citations use the author/date method of citing sources in the body of your paper.
I have attached a sample of a APA style research paper. this is how my reseach paper should look like
Please no plagiarism…