For this assignment, you need to find a persuasive or argumentative article from a credible website (such as those listed at the bottom of the assignment sheet) that relates to either one of these articles/talks below:
You will need to respond to that article by either agreeing with the author, disagreeing with the author, or both agreeing and disagreeing with the author. You will need to locate 4 additional credible articles to support your argument, for a total of 5 sources, which will be correctly cited in-text and referenced in an MLA-style works cited page at the end of your essay.
To accomplish this, you will need to:
- Briefly summarize what the author says in the article.
- Compose a clear, solid thesis statement that clearly expresses your agreement and/or disagreement.
- Focus specifically on the first text, using the other four texts as backup.
- Use correctly framed quotes and examples from your sources to support your claims.
- Compose a strong conclusion that briefly sums up your main points and draws the conversation to a reasonable close.
- Your paper must be 4 pages (not including the works cited page).
- You must use at least five credible sources.
- Sources must be cited parenthetically in the text and referenced in a “Works Cited” page at the end of the essay (MLA format).
- The essay should be typed in 12-point Times New Roman font, double spaced, with standard margins.
Possible resources for persuasive and argumentative articles*:
nytimes.com slate.com usatoday.com
cnn.com wired.com time.com
bbc.com motherjones.com theguardian.com/uk
npr.org washingtonpost.com wsj.com
ksl.com newsweek.com economist.com
sltrib.com cbsnews.com standard.net