World Cultures II
“Harlem Renaissance Impact, and the value of Free writing.” Pick one (1) of the following, using our text/readings this week, sources under the Explore as the basis [what supports your opinion] of your response:
- Write for 2 minutes – try this with pen/paper if prefer to keep ‘pen to paper’; or keep writing – not stoping to edit, review, but just follow where your mind goe using the stream of consciousness writing method (Note: You may also type it offline and copy it within this discussion thread). Tell us about your experience and your reaction to what you wrote. Which author from this week’s readings connect with your own use of the stream of consciousness technique or possibly it doesn’t, but do discuss which you prefer and why!
- Of the various authors, artists, and musicians who participated in the Harlem Renaissance, create a facebook page or Twitter feed posts that defines their influence at the time, and what connections you can relate to impact today [you can do this visually or literally defining what would ‘shape’ their online image]. In creating what online presence they would have, also include an example of their work that reinforces their Renaissance impact. Key here is creating a virtual life in their voice – not a bio, but how they would interact via social media!
- Method and exploration of stream-of-consciousness writing at http://dversepoets.com/2012/05/24/stream-of-consco…
- Writing a stream: http://thewritepractice.com/stream-of-consciousnes… and http://literarydevices.net/stream-of-consciousness…
- Website and video at http://www.history.com/topics/harlem-renaissance
***This is a discussion, NOT a paper. Need 2 strong paragraphs and 2 references.***