This has Three parts
Please read everything.
Be sure to document your statements with credible sources, in-text citations, and references using proper APA format.
Select a publicly held company and access the company’s Web page on the Internet to read its most recent annual report. The annual report is typically found in an “Investor Relations” or “Company Information” section within the company’s Web site. You can use this website http://www.nasdaq.com/quotes/company-financials.as… to look up any publicly traded company’s documents for additional consideration. Complete the following:
- Using the company’s financial statements, construct a pro forma income statement and balance sheet for the company using the percentage-of-sales method.
- Be sure to include the original statements along with a defendable sales forecast.
- Upon completion of the financials, write a paper detailing the process and what you learned about the company as you work through this activity.
Using the company’s financial statements, calculate and evaluate the firm’s sustainable growth rate (SGR) for the last 3 years, and summarize your findings in your paper. Be sure to address the following:
- What are the sustainable growth rates for your subject company over the period that you studied?
- How do they compare with the actual growth rates that the company experienced over the period studied?
- What are the consequences faced by firms that grow at a rate that is not consistent with their sustainable rate?
- If the firm grew at a rate above or below the SGR, how might it finance its excessive growth or reward its stockholders for the underperformance?
At this point you have examined three years of financial statements for your firm and produced a proforma statement. You have also determined their sustainable growth rate as well.
You have also learned about various financial ratios.
In a comprehensive summary of your firm, analyze following financial information for your firm for the last three years.
- Net Income
- Profitability Ratios
- Gross Profit Margin
- Net Profit Margin
- Return on Assets
- Liquidity Ratios
- Current Ratio
- Market Ratios
- Earnings per Share
- Price to Earnings Ratio
- Debt measures
- Debt to Asset Ratio
- Explain what each ratio and piece of financial data means and explain the trends in each; are they increasing or decreasing and is this trend positive or negative for the firm and why? Analyze this financial data!
- Using the information from Part 2, explain the Sustainable Growth Rate for your firm and what it means for your company (do NOT copy and paste the information from Part 2! This is not what the assignment requires)
- Using the financial data, ratios, proforma, and SGR, summarize and reflect on the future financial health of your firm.