Leadership versus Management
Although leaders and managers have similar traits, leadership and management is not the same thing. For this Assignment, you will draw from your own experiences or research a criminal justice organization to provide examples of how these two concepts differ.
Write a 700–1,050-word essay explaining the differences between leadership and management. In your paper:
- Discuss your own personal experiences with leadership and management or your research of a criminal justice organization.
- Explain the difference between leadership and management by citing at least four real-life examples from your experience or from your research of a criminal justice organization.
- Compare and contrast the differences between leadership and management in relation to their importance and application within an organization.
- Explain the inter-relationship of these concepts as they apply to the success or failure of organizations.
- Include relevant examples and research to support the explanation.
- Cite a minimum of two sources within the body of your paper using in-text citations where appropriate.
- Include a title and reference page.
NOTE: This Assignment will require outside research. Use at least two credible sources beyond the text material and discuss how you evaluated the credibility of the resources used. You may consult the Kaplan Library, the Internet, the textbook, other course material, and any other outside resources in supporting your task, using proper citations in APA style.