Answer the following questions:
- The Agenda of Developing Countries: In what ways did the colonial experience and the struggle for independence shape the agenda of developing countries in the second half of the twentieth century?
- Obstacles Facing Independence Movements: What obstacles confronted the leaders of movements for independence?
- Obstacles Impeding Economic Development: What obstacles impeded the economic development of decolonized countries?
- Appropriateness of the term “third world”: To what extent is the designation “third world” an appropriate term in describing decolonized regions? Why or why not?
- Contemporary Viewpoints: From the viewpoint of the twenty-first century, to what extent have the goals of nationalist or independence movements been achieved?