- Our culture has a split personality about big tech companies like Google. On the one hand we are constantly afraid that they are out for world domination. On the other hand, we love what they offer us and make them our heroes.
- To some extent, Apple (like all the best products) goes beyond products and becomes almost a cult.
- The Google “desktop” runs in your browser because that is what is available to Google for now. But inside your browser you can “live” in Google applications all day. Google has everything you need. And therein lies their strategy. They want you to use all and only Google applications.
- But Microsoft has one thing going for it (their competitive advantage). Chrome can’t run without Windows. But Windows can run perfectly well without Chrome. Windows is underneath Chrome
- Google can’t get to a lot of Facebook data. Facebook’s hidden web that can’t be accessed through the Google crawling tools because it is behind Facebook’s firewall.
- Google is an algorithmic company while Facebook understands people
By now you should be pretty familiar with the vocab words of this module. So, you should be able to use them properly and creatively
- Read over the vocabulary words one more time
- Compose and type in a story that shows you really understand each of the words
- Be creative but be sure what you type shows you understand (not just can type) the words
- Use all the vocabulary words
- Type them exactly as they are typed above (same pluralization, capitalization, tense, etc.
- Use all the words
- Make sure you use the words in a way that really shows you understand them.