While it is true that the CMS-1500 claim form may not be used for private-pay patients, this form will be required for all claims when the patient is covered by any form of insurance to recover payment for services. A working knowledge of the CMS-1500 is essential for all persons working in the revenue and billing area of healthcare.
- Using the CMS-1500 form, fill out the form for a non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (page 183 of text) and a radiological Oncology treatment (page 278 of text).
- Use patient information found on EOB Figure 4-17 of text (page 90).
- Describe the process of submitting this claim form through a third-party administrator.
- Submit the process as a 1- to 2-page Microsoft Word document. Use APA standards for citations and references.
- Cite a minimum of three outside peer-reviewed sources to support your assertions and save it as SU_HCM1201_W2_Project_LastName_FirstInitial.doc. Submit the process to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.
- Cite any sources using correct APA format on a separate page.