Why the courts are not actually allowed to interpret the Constitution Please respond to the following:
- Based on the scenario and the knowledge gained from this section, address the following:
- Identify one or two impediments that may prevent an average citizen from receiving a fair trial in the U.S. Then, determine at least one policy that could prevent unfair trials in the U.S. court system.
- What are some aspects that differentiate the American judicial system from other systems? If you have Netflix, I encourage you to check out National Geographic’s series Locked Up Abroad.
- Remember, fairness is NOT the same as justice — those are two different things, so be careful not to confuse the two…more on this later…
- Also remember that there is no mention in the Constitution of the courts being allowed to interpret the Constitution…they can interpret that law based on the Constitution, but not the Constitution itself.