Assignment 2: Triple Constraints in Project Management and Project Integration Management
This course has major project assignments that will be due in Weeks 3 and 5. This course also has portions of the final project due each week, as previously noted in the Week 1 assignment. It will take more than a week’s effort to adequately complete them. Plan time to start the research and other work for those assignments earlier than the week in which they are due.
Part One: Triple Constraints in Project Management
Review Week 2 and the supplemental readings (especially PMBOK® Guide).
In this section, include the following:In your paper, include the following:
- A description of triple constraints with appropriate examples
- An analysis of the relationship among the project scope, cost, and time
- An analysis of the impact of these three factors on project quality
Part Two: Final Project: Initial Plan Development
This week, you will submit the first four parts of the course-length final project. The project analyzed must be the project approved by the instructor in Week 1. The deliverables for Week 2 are:
- The statement of need: Write a brief description of the chosen organization and discuss the background information associated with the problems that need to be solved.
- The goals and objectives of the project: Identify project goals and the underlying objectives. Quantify the measurable performance expectations of the project plan to determine whether it meets the planned objectives. Performance should be defined in terms of:
- The product or process specification
- The total budget at completion of the plan
- The time frame for completion of the plan
- Stakeholders and project requirements: Identify the project’s stakeholders. Analyze their needs and wants and create a list of project requirements derived from the inputs provided by the stakeholders.
- Project scope development: Identify the scope of the project to define the work that needs to be performed to meet the project objectives.
Submit parts one and two in a 4- to 6-page Microsoft Word document to the W2 Assignment 2 Dropbox by Saturday, October 22, 2016.
Name your document SU_PMC6601_W2_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.
Cite any sources using the APA format on a separate page. Click here to learn how to cite sources using APA guidelines.
We are using a auto repair shop as our project with a $80,000 dollar cost of the auto shop.