Webuwrite Academy Conflict Summary
By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assignment criteria:
- Competency 1. Identify variables within structures or institutions that can promote conflict.
- Describe institutional conflicts in detail.
- Describe the causes of institutional conflicts.
- Competency 3. Apply appropriate strategies to reduce or resolve conflicts.
- Analyze how a conflict resolution style can be used to resolve a specific conflict.
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of using conflict resolution styles to resolve specific conflicts.
- Competency 6: Communicate effectively in a variety of formats.
- Communicate effectively through writing.
For this assignment, refer back to the Webuwrite Academy Simulation. This simulation portrays an institution with serious conflicts that are both interpersonal and organizational in nature.
Complete the following:
- Identify at least three conflicts that exist between individuals or groups of individuals at Webuwrite, and describe these conflicts in detail.
- As best you can, describe the causes of the conflicts. Consider both personality factors and variables within the institutional structure that might promote conflict.
- Refer to Hocker and Wilmot’s discussion of conflict resolution styles in Chapter 5. For each of these three conflicts at Webuwrite, choose one conflict resolution style (or a combination of multiple styles) that could be used to resolve this conflict. Describe in detail actions that could be taken that would reflect this conflict resolution style. (This may overlap with this unit’s Organizational Conflict Resolution Styles discussion.)
- For each of these three conflicts, explain the advantages and disadvantages of using the conflict resolution styles you chose.
- Written Communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA Formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA guidelines.
- Page Requirements: 2–4 pages.
- Font and Font Size: Times New Roman or Arial, 12 point.
- Attach document in Microsoft Word format.