Hello, please see the below:
- Read Chapter 7, “The Internal Consultant,” in the Flawless Consulting textbook.
- Read Chapter 8, “Understanding Resistance,” in the Flawless Consulting textbook.
- Read Chapter 9, “Dealing with Resistance,” in the Flawless Consulting textbook.
- Navigate to the Flawless Consulting: Internal Consulting and Resistance discussion thread below and respond to the following questions based on your current organization or one for which you are familiar:
- Embedded in the Hierarchy and the Politics. Describe how having a boss and having departmental objectives has specifically affected the way you have sought to operate as an internal consultant in an organization.
- Faces of Resistance. Of all the faces of resistance identified by Block (2011), identify ones, which you have experienced most often in your organization or one with which you are familiar. Explain why you think these faces are the ones most experienced by you.
- Dealing with Resistance. Select a specific occurrence of resistance and, based on the chapter readings for this workshop, identify what—in your professional opinion—your “client” was actually resisting? Describe the steps and means for how the situation of resistance could have been better handled by you (the internal consultant).
- Provide a detailed post that demonstrates clear, insightful critical thinking. Your initial posting should be 200-300 words long.
- Your initial posting is to include, at a minimum, two sources properly cited and referenced: (a) the Flawless Consulting textbook, and (b) https://www.thebalance.com/what-is-resistance-to-c… FIVE TIPS FOR MANAGING RESISTANCE