What is the intl strategy of a top multinatl co. in the world over last 10 yrs?, assignment help
Due Date: Sunday, November 27, 2016 at 3:00 pm Pacific
Deliverable Length: 900 words excluding the ASSIGNMENT DESCRIPTION stated below; (numbers 1-8) and excluding 3 verifiable references. The answers for the ASSIGNMENT DESCRIPTION stated below must be answered per each question asked. (numbers 1-8).
-Explain the challenges of managing a diverse, globally-based workforce.
-Evaluate how various legal, political, economic, ethical, and cultural systems affect business attitudes, norms, behaviors, practices, and philosophies.
-Analyze factors that influence an industry’s potential for globalization.
-Evaluate various international, multinational, and global strategic plans.
-Develop an international, multinational, and global management plan.
MAIN ASSIGNMENT DESCRIPTION:
Research a top multinational company in the world including its international strategy over the last 10 years. Using your research, write a report explaining its strategy, including a discussion of the following questions:
- How do management practices, HR policies, and strategy decisions differ between multinational companies and local companies?
- Identify some cultural, legal, political, and financial issues this multinational company may have based on their environment.
- What sort of international orientation does it have?
- Do you think it is ethno-, poly-, or geocentric?
- What were the decision factors for the locations it chose to expand in?
- Did it have the core capabilities to succeed in those markets?
- Think about its objectives, how it chose its countries, what opportunities and constraints were apparent at the time, and what it needed to do to succeed in those markets.
- If you were going to compete with this company what would you use as an international marketing entry strategy (licensing, franchising, exporting, joint ventures, etc.) and justify your answer
- Define what a value chain dispersal and integration strategy is, and then describe how the strategy is organized around it.