- Submit Chapter 2 Breakout Questions 2, 4, 6, & 11 on page 64.
2. Take a piece of paper and draw a line down the middle. Write “pros” on the top left and “cons” on the top right. Now, from your own perspective come up with as many issues as you can on both sides regarding relationship selling as a career choice for you. Be sure to note why you list each item as you do.
4. Telecommuting and using a virtual office are major aspects of many professional sales positions. How do you feel about telecommuting and virtual office in a job? What aspects of telecommuting and virtual office are most and least attracted to?
6. Review the top 20 key success factors for relationship selling as listed in Exhibit 2.3. Which of these factors are currently your strongest points? Which need the most work? How do you plan to capitalize on the strengths and improve on the weaknesses?
11. In the past, salespeople tended to have the edge over most buyers in terms of information. However, over the past 15 years access to timely and accurate information related to their business has changed how purchasing agents view their jobs. For one thing, they have been able to get a better handle on their costs and better determine which items to buy and from whom. How has this proliferation of information affected the relationship, both interpersonally and professionally, between purchasing agents and the sales reps calling on them?