Each student will select and compare websites of two retailers that are in the same business. Following are your options:
Option 2) amazon.com vs. bn.com).
Student will use the list of “do’s and don’ts” from http://www.exante.ca/internet-marketing/website-top10-tips.html to compare the two sites, along with other criteria you might like to add.
Student will review the range of information resources and services used in the sites and the ways in which they are organized, designed, and presented.
Each student will write an APA style report (4 -5 pages, excluding cover page, table of contents and references) covering the following outlines:
- How well the sites support the conduct of ebusiness.
- Strengths and weaknesses of the two sites.
- Draw a conclusion as to which one you think does the best job of attracting customers to the website and retaining them once they get there.
- Comment on how well each site:
- Offers a fast and convenient shopping experience
- Provides access to help or additional information
- Selects desirable products and displays them and describes them in an attractive and easy-to understand manner
- Describes its method for getting purchases to customers promptly
- Uses online ads, affiliate programs, viral marketing, and email marketing