Imagine you are a public administrator who has just been promoted to a higher position but must relocate to another city and purchase a different home. Using the five distributing bargaining skills, present the steps and various aspects you would consider implementing in buying a house. Be sure to address the following:
- Analyze the bargaining situation and whether or not it is distributive. If so, determine the reservation price.
- Present the initial offer you would make and apply bracketing to achieve your target price of $310,000.
- Indicate and frame the norms you would utilize in presenting your initial offer.
The Buying a House paper:
- Must be four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in
Caverly, N., Cunningham, B., & Mitchell, L. (2006). Reflections on public-sector based integrative collective bargaining: Conditions affecting cooperation within the negotiation process. Employee Relations, 28(1/2), 62-76. (Document ID: 1000184341). Retrieved from the ProQuest database.
- Colosi, T. (1983, November/December). Negotiation in the public and private sectors: A core model. The American Behavioral Scientist (pre-1986), 27(2), 229-234. (Document ID: 732624991). Please select “Full Text – PDF” on the right side of the screen. Retrieved from the ProQuest database.
Carrell, M.R. & Heavrin, C. (2008). Negotiating essentials: Theory, skills, and practices. Upper Saddle, NJ: Pearson Prentice Hall. ISBN-10: 978-0-13-186866-3.