People are afraid to lose their dignity when confessing to an illegal act. The interviewer will observe the interviewee to determine truthfulness or deception.
In the interview with an investigator, the mother of the victim:
- Refers to the victim as “my daughter”
- Admits the opportunity to commit the crime
- Tries to redirect and focus the investigation
In the interview with an investigator, the ex-boyfriend of the victim:
- Addresses the victim as “the girl”
- Provides vague details
- Overstates his inability to have committed the crime
Base your reasoning on the reading from this week, evaluate the information and determine
Did the ex-boyfriend tell the truth, why or why not?