1. “One Nation under Walmart” Please respond to the following:
- Read Case 4.3: One Nation under Walmart, or on page 144 in your textbook. Next, choose two (2) of the five (5) discussion questions located at the end of the case. Formulate your response and post to the Week discussion.
2. “Hot Coffee at McDonald’s” Please respond to the following:
- Read Case 6.2: Hot Coffee at McDonald’s, located here or on page 231 in your textbook. Next, watch the video titled, “Woman Burned by McDonald’s Hot Coffee, Then the News Media | Retro Report | The New York Times” (12 min 17 s), located athttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCkL9UlmCOE.
After reviewing the video and case study, choose two (2) of the five (5) discussion questions located at the end of the case. Formulate your response and post to the Week discussion.
3. “Classifications of Costs” Please respond to the following:
- Diagram three (3) of the classifications for costs, and propose the value of each of these classifications in the production of the navigation system at VectorCal. Explain your decision for each classification chosen.
- From first the e-Activity, compare and contrast the manner in which VectorCal and the other businesses that you researched utilize cost principles. Specify which cost principles you believe to be the most and least important for any business, and justify your rationale for each.
- Use the Internet to research articles detailing the ways in which businesses utilize cost principles, focusing on the various cost classifications that are used.
4. “Other Costs” Please respond to the following:
- Determine the differences between overhead costs and G & A costs in the production of VectorCal’s navigation systems overall. Analyze the role that each of these types of costs plays in the long-term production of VectorCal’s navigation systems. Justify your analysis.
- Predict VectorCal’s direct labor cost, direct material cost, overhead costs, and G&A costs related to production. Next, from the second e-Activity, provide three(3) examples of companies with the same cost structure that you predicted for VectorCal. Speculate on what the cost structure of the existing companies bodes for the future of VectorCal.
Use the Internet to research articles discussing predictions on various costs for different companies.