- Ethics and Compliance: 14 Trends – Ethics of Tomorrow
- Defining Business Ethics: (The study of business ethics is about the study of ethics in relationship to the business environment)
- Building the Business Case for Ethics (p. 3-9 only)
- Corporate Social Responsibility: The American Experience
- Judith Samuelson. Next-Gen Business Thinking – Purpose and Performance.
- Business Ethics
- The Corporation as a Moral Person Author(s): Peter A. French
- The Enduring Significance of John Rawls
Prior to taking this course, what opinion did you have as to any ethical requirement for corporations to comply with ethical standards over and beyond legal ones? Having read and observed the material provided under this 2nd theme – “Why Study Business Ethics?” – has this changed your mind? You will see that there remains a divergence of opinion. Some believe that business should focus just on making a profit; others are convinced that business must also consider what is the ethically right thing to do, in the pursuit of their business concerns.
Which view do you think is correct? And why? Make sure you discuss the idea of the Corporation as (or as not as) a “moral person.” Please be sure to cite materials if used.
Must respond in 200-250 words minimum.